CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

1st letter from Poland

We received our first letter from Mom today:

"So it's been interesting here. I have two companions and it's very interesting." Sister Kotcsy is native Polish and Sister Kimball is older than me (only by a year or two) and calls everyone "dear" and talks a lot-a lot. The work is slow, s-l-o-w, guess it will get better. I know it will get better. I have my own room, so I study, sleep, dress, whatever in my room, sometimes eat too.

The district leaders are in this area and Elder Henrie from Arkansas is teaching Polish, so hopefully I'll learn more quickly. That and lots of prayers and reading the Book of Mormon.

The city of Wroclaw (Vrotsau) is beautiful. You would love it. Old old old buildings - beautiful architecture. I'll get some pictures to send. There's an old opera house still in use so tell me some good operas to see. We're allowed one cultural event a month so there's opera, museums, old castles, etc.

The apartment is right in town on the 3rd floor - no elevator, but the elders brought my stuff. I should be here about 4 months and am to help plan the upcoming Young Single Adult Conference for 11 countries, not sure where it will be. Should be fun and hard work.

Love ya tons! I'll write again soon.

Love,
Mom

P.S. Send any packages, as well as letters, to my Wroclaw address as it takes 4-5 weeks to come from the mission home. Thanks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment